Thursday, November 12, 2009

Veteran's Day Parade


Yesterday was Veteran's Day
Did you even notice?
Some banks got work off, but for most of us it was just a regular day. I hate that. These men and women have given their time and lives so that we don't have to and we just go on with life like nothing on their special day.
Ok, so that sounds a bit pessimistic, but i just have so much respect for them. They're incredible! selfless! brave! amazing!
I had the opportunity to be in the veteran's day parade which was so much fun! I rode with the mayor on his super sweet motorcycle! After that, we had a ceremony where some politicians and veterans spoke.
Jason Chaffetz said that people only join the armed forces because of how they feel veterans have been treated. I hope they all know how much respect we all have for them and how grateful we are so that more people can continue to protect us. I'm so proud that both of my grandpa's served in the army. They are such great men and I know they learned a lot through their service. I'm so glad that veterans' get so many perks (discounts at stores and restaurants) they totally deserve it. I'm so proud every time I see someone in uniform.

These are my 1st and 2nd attendants- Kaitlin Pollei and Shannon Ma. They are the most beautiful, wonderful girls in the world and I'm SO happy I get to spend so much time with them!




Bob Bennet!
We may not all agree with the war, but we can and must support our troops.
Thank you to all of you who keep us save! We owe you big time! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment