Sunday, November 1, 2009

Red Ribbon Week!



Rachel’s Challenge
Elementary Assembly
Faces Refugees

Red Ribbon Week was such an amazing week for me!
Monday I went to school, went hiking, and had a fun time at work.

Tuesday I had my meeting with Miss Lloyd and talked tons about Miss Utah. I’m so excited!

Wednesday was when the fun began! I was able to be a special guest at the PTA/Administrative meeting at the district. I got to meet/revisit the administration from the different schools and I also got to meet all the PTA presidents! It was fun to see all those I was able to work with in the past through student government! Being with Ms Covington and Mr Dunn totally reminded me of 9th grade being Student Body President and working with them every day! So much fun! I also loved seeing all the PTA presidents! I want to be a cute mommy like them some day! (No worries, in a very long time :D)
After the meeting, the PTA President from Hillcrest told me to swing by for their lunch activities. It was way fun and I was there for pretty much the rest of the day. I got to go into the lunch room and gather people for the activities! The kids were so fun and so kind! They called to me across the room “Hi Miss Murray!” I love the fact that they feel like they can just come to me and say hi. I want to be personable and let them know I think they’re fabulous and I love them! Ha, it also never surprises me how much boys will always be boys. “Hey Miss Murray, did you know I’m Mr. Murray?” Oh boy!

Thursday I was at the high school pretty much all day. I was there for the 4 different Rachel’s Challenge assemblies- I’ll talk more about those in another post. So there were 3 in the morning, then I went to McMillan to talk to all the kids, then back to the high school! What a crazy day! Going to McMillan was so much fun because that’s actually where I went to elementary! I got to go to each classroom and tell them how important choosing good friends was! I loved it because so many of them couldn’t actually read my sash, but they knew who I was as soon as I walked in- that’s what growing up in Murray does to you. You know everyone! :D

Friday was another busy day! That morning I went to the Faces of Refugees exhibit and walked some junior high kids through the exhibit. Then I had to go straight from there to the afternoon assembly at Longview elementary where I got to see my little Miss! Both of those were so fun and I am writing blogs on each of those to explain them more too!

Overall, Red Ribbon week was super busy, but super fun! I told my mom I don’t need to go on a Miss Utah diet when I’m Miss Murray because I don’t have any time to eat! Thank you to everyone who helped out with Red Ribbon Week! It’s a lot of worth, but even if it keeps one kid from going down that scary path, it was totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment